Saturday, July 21, 2012

My Partcipation in Men's Panel Discussion w/ BET Style Icon, Keith Ritzberg



Late last year, sometime around November/December of 2011, I received a call from Keith Ritzberg, Celebrity Stylist/BET Style Icon.  During the course of our phone conversation, he told me how he was so impressed and inspired by a show I had put together that he attended back in November 2010 called The Ike Show - "Emergence of an Icon," and because of this, had wanted me to participate in an upcoming webisode series that he was producing and hosting that was going to be a panel discussion that talked about men's issues, somewhat of a male version of "The View."

 


His concern was that men weren't raising other men the way they used to like when he was growing up where men would look back at other men who were a few years younger and give them mentorship/advice as to the proper course of action to take.  He wanted to use his show, "The Ritzberg Report," to fill this chasm and also show the world what men, who were actively pursuing their dreams and developing themselves as men thought about certain issues.

The idea sounded very intriguing to say the least and I was more than happy to accept his invitation.


This was my first recorded panel discussion, and though it was challenging to talk about and share certain things, it truly was a joy and an honour to participate in something like this with other men: Bertini - Model/Actor/Underwear Designer/Fitness Consultant; Ivelaw Peters - Actor; Mark Henry - Video Procucer, and of course, Keith Ritzberg, who like me, are all on the grind making our life dreams happen.  I'm looking forward to doing more shows like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment