Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hired a Videographer for My Upcoming Video Project!

After a meeting yesterday, Friday, 11/4/11, with the Creative Director of XY Pixels at a Starbucks Cafe, I decided to hire his company to shoot and do the video editing for my upcoming video project.

I'm particularly excited to be shooting with XY Pixels, because I did a photoshoot with him back in June 2008, the day after I got back from the Dominican Republic and I was VERY pleased with the results. From the first time I laid eyes on his photography, I made it my mission to get a shoot with him because I loved the mood his photography portrayed, the muted tones of the colours in his pics, and the way he shot the male form. I knew his pics would be a great add to my portfolio.

Here's a couple of the shots I got from that shoot:
















Several years later, when I conceived of this project and was looking for a videographer, I happened to be checking out his site and found that he had expanded his craft to videography. When I saw some of the videos he shot of different artists, I knew this was the man for the job. After meeting with him where he was able to see my vision through my verbal description and the story board I created, the deal was sealed.

You may be wondering why I haven't mentioned his name. Well as talented as the Creative Director of XY Pixels is, he likes to keep a low profile and said I could write about him on the condition I just spoke about his company and not about him as a person. Fine. Understood. I tend to be a private person as well so I get where he's coming from.

Either way, tentatively, the shoot is slated for Sunday, November 2oth. Can't wait!

If you're interested in finding out more about XY Pixels, you can visit his site here to see his video and photo work and find out about the services he provides. The man is immensely talented, you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment